PRINCE2® is a preferred project management methodology of the Australian government and state governments, as well as the private sector and the Higher Ed space. It provides a proven best practice model that ensures project delivery is on time, on budget and of high quality.
This 3-day Foundation Certificate course provides a comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of PRINCE2 covering all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology, including the 7 PRINCIPLES, 7 THEMES, 7 PROCESSES of PRINCE2 at the most detailed level including all sub-processes and techniques. Exercises are based on a real life case study to ensure that participants learn the practical application of PRINCE2 theory.
Through practice exams, workshops and evening study, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to take both the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the philosophy and structure of PRINCE2
- Understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured project management method such as PRINCE2
- Explain the PRINCE2 process model
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes
- Create a Project Brief
- Create a Project Organisation Structure
- Initiate a project and create Project Initiation Documentation
- Appreciate the use of PRINCE2 products and plans
- Apply progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of PRINCE2 Quality Management
- Apply change control mechanisms
- Realise the importance of Configuration Management
- Use the PRINCE2 Risk Management approach
- Tune PRINCE2 for differing environments
Course Fees include:
- PRINCE2 Manual Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 published by the UK Cabinet Office
- Practice Examinations
- Foundation Examination
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- A3 Laminated PRINCE2 Process Chart
- Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments at public courses
ALC Education & Consulting Pty Ltd is accredited by PeopleCert as an Accredited Training Organisation for PRINCE2® training.
The objective of this course is for each participant to be able to:
- Understand all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology
- Know how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to defined quality requirements
- Effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project
- Integrate the PRINCE2 Principles and Themes into a project
- Establish a project organisation with the appropriate stakeholders
- Apply planning processes that ensure alignment with project business case and quality requirements
- Manage the progress of a project using the appropriate control mechanisms
- Current or aspiring project management professionals who need to fully master this leading PM method and at the same time obtain a globally-recognised certification.
- This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.
The PRINCE2 3-day Foundation Certificate Course taken on its own is designed for those who are not necessarily aspiring for professional level knowledge but who nevertheless require a sufficient understanding of this project management methodology – such as people working on projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
The course is of 3 days duration and provides a comprehensive coverage of the key principles and terminology of the PRINCE2 method.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- Characteristics of project management
- Project and product life cycles
- History of PRINCE2
- Overview of methodology
- Project Management structure
- Benefits of PRINCE2
2. The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibility
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
3. The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- Business Case
4. The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Starting a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
5. The Tailoring of PRINCE2
Fees HK$ Per Person
|PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner (5 days)
|PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate Course & Exam (3 days)
|PRINCE2® Practitioner Prep (2 days)
Our Price Guarantee!
Quality usually comes at a premium, but we strive hard to offer you the best value PRINCE2 training possible
– best courses at competitive prices.
- Full 5-day course. Practitioner exam is held on Friday afternoon, not first thing Friday morning. You get five full days, better coverage of material and much better exam revision and exam prep.
- Quality hotel. All our courses are held at 5-star city hotels
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided each day.
- Great post-course support. There are always questions after the course. Get your questions answered promptly with our exclusive PRINCE2 Support.
Contact Bonnie Yeoh if you think you can get a better comparable deal on PRINCE2 anywhere else!
To see the full schedule for this course click here
Terms and conditions
When undertaking the Foundation Certificate the exam is held in the afternoon of Day 3.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.